How to Setup a Garlicoin Core Wallet on macOS
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 11:36, 16 May 2021 by BlueShadow (Updated to latest release, removed the line to manually add the node as it should no longer be needed.)
Install Garlicoin Core on macOS
Install Garlicoin-qt (GUI) Core Wallet on ARM or Intel Macs with the pre-compiled binary
- Unpack the
.tar.gzfile by double clicking on it in finder
- Open the
garlicoin-0.17.3folder that was just created
- Open the
garlicoin-qtand choose "Open"
- If the garlicoin wallet opens, proceed to the next step
- Mac may ask for permission to run the application. To allow macOS to run apps from untrusted developers, please view this article
- You can ignore the file sizes on the first screen. The current block chain size as of 2021-05-02 is about 8gb.
- Navigate the menu to
Help > Debug Window > Console
- Run the command
addnode freshgrlc.net onetry
- Garlicoin-qt should begin to sync and download the blockchain data. This may take anywhere from 2-8 hours.
- Garlicoin-qt should automatically create a wallet for you on first run
- You can encrypt this wallet with a passphrase by going to
Settings > Encrypt Wallet
- If you lose this password, any GRLC in your wallet will likely be lost forever. Make sure you do not lose this. It is highly recommended you store this password in a safe place.
- Backup the wallet.dat file created in the folder
/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Garlicoin/walletsto a safe place
- Create a new address by navigating to
File > Receiving Addresses...
New, then give your address a label and click
Ok. (The Address field stays blank)
- You can now send GRLC to the address generated
Quick Install with CLI tools
- If you have homebrew, run the following command:
brew install wget
tar xvzf garlicoin-0.17.3-osx64.tar.gz